Monday, March 9, 2009

Post Script to the Struggle



I should have mentioned something else that is fantastic about not-Philadelphia. And that would be the people here. You see, I don't really like most people. So it goes without saying that I don't really like most of the people I went to high school with. Well, does anyone? I mean, what would be the point? You are at your lowest point in high school, or at least I was. I had braces, glasses, was even more socially awkward, it was tough. No doubt you all have your own horror stories, but the nice thing about getting older is that you never have to tell them.

But there are those few people who love you regardless of your awkwardness and are pleasantly surprised when you improve as you grow older and my friend Jon is one of those people. Jon is like the best possible mix of Britney Spears and Blair Waldorf with a little bit of Chuck Bass thrown in. So, he basically owns the world, or at least the part of it that houses a Bergdorf Goodman. Therefore I am excited to see him in Philadelphia, the way you are when you get into a room with someone who has seen you in the most awkward struggle of an outfit you may ever wear and still takes your calls. Jon has introduced me to so many things, Tequila, designer jeans, buying designer jeans while drunk on tequila, you name it. Please stay tuned for our adventures in tandem this spring vacation. They are bound to be amusing, and, because Jon will be involved, very attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment